Friday, March 15, 2013

A New Beginning

Hello and welcome to my (new) blog!

My name is Julia, and I originally started blogging when my husband, I call him Big A, and I decided to build a new home on a piece of property located in a small town, down a country road, with lots of fresh air and possibilities.

We have 5 kids, and one (gasp) grandchild, and needed a lot of space for everyone to live a little more comfortably. Not to mention, we have quite a large extended family and needed the room for BBQ's and holiday gatherings. At that time the blog naturally followed our build.

In my former blog I wrote about building a home - from selecting the builder, to performing the perc test, to financing. However, here we are a year and a half later, and we're truly settled in (if you ignore the several million twelve boxes in the basement still to be unpacked). Naturally, my blog has taken a completely different path, and I'm no longer writing about moving or building. I'm concentrating on daily DIY and home decor, gardening and cooking.  An endless to-do list keeps me busy.

It was time for change. So after taking some time to think about what I wanted to do, I decided on the following:

1. I wanted to use Blogger for the ease of use. 
2. I wanted to change my blog name to more accurately reflect my life.
3. I wanted to change my blog content to reflect how I spend my days.

SO, there you have it. I'm happy to be here and starting up with a new look and a new name. I hope you'll join me in my DIY adventures, and pass along any of your own happy house stories!

No comments: