Sunday, March 24, 2013

Punxsutawney Phil Sowerby is a LIAR


Sitting here looking out the window at the snow (that's becoming more and more like a 4 letter word around here).  Meanwhile I'm listening to the weather man warn us of another week of lower than normal temps, and suspected white stuff for the coming week.
 
It's just not right!

I love my cowboy boots, but I'm ready for wedges.
I love my house, but I want my porch back.
I love cooking, but I'm dying for BBQ.

Seems it's gonna be a while, so I guess it's up to me to Spring-ify my life right now.  Today that means hanging out at All things Spring party with Debbiedoos. It's giving me hope! It's giving me ideas! It's making me feel a little less panicky. Spring is coming! It is!

Here are a few ideas I Love with a capital L.

Check out this Split Pea Wreath!  From Love of Family & Home. This bright green wreath screams Spring and makes me smile. Plus, the tutorial made me want to make it immediately!



And I love this wreath from Zu Haus at Home. Love the yellow. I think AC More has forsythia garlands that could easily be wrapped on a grape vine base.

Spring Wreath1

This little banner - from Confessions of  Plate Addict is quick and easy and would look great on a mantel or strung across a window. I want to do this with my little helpers.

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Chalkboard Birds on a String2

I have to make this little bird feeder.  It would make the perfect gift. From A Cowboy's Wife.



It wouldn't be Spring without a Ham recipe, so here's a good one I found here. It doesn't get easier than throwing it in the slow cooker.

Slow Cooker Ham Recipe, Crock Pot Ham Recipe

Doesn't that look amazing?  That and some coleslaw... Okay, I feel better now. And the sun just came out!

1 comment:

Moni - Zuhaus at Home said...

So many great ideas....thanks so much for linking my wreath up to your wonderful blog! Have a blessed Sunday!